Challenges Are Opportunities

 I was talking to my dad the other day and he said something that really stuck with me.

For the past few months Nick and I have been struggling to figure out how to live responsibly and on a budget. After doing research and getting a system down I asked myself “Why didn’t my parents ever help me with this?” After all, when I was growing up they were always on top of their bills: mortgage, car payments, etc. They seemed to have it figured out. My mom and dad were really great role models but, now, in my 20’s, I wanted to be let in on the secret. How did they do it?

During our conversation my dad explained that he and my mom purposefully left me in the dark. They wanted me to figure it out on my own and they knew that I would be better for it. Adversity and problem solving skills like this will make me more independent.

I loved it - how genius of them.


"Challenges are opportunities." I hope I never forget it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment